1 stone molcajete (mortar and pestle)
1/2 pound boneless chicken breast
1/2 pound thinly sliced carne asada (beef steak)
2 nopales (cactus leaves) or zucchini and yellow squash
2 jalapeño peppers
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4.5 ounce chorizo (Mexican sausage)
5 large shelled shrimp
2 green onions
1 large tomato
1/4 pound queso fresco (Mexican cheese)
1 (16-ounce) jar Salsa Verde or Roja
1/4 bunch cilantro
1 lime, quartered
1 package small tortillas
1. Using oven mitts, heat molcajete over grill or stove.
2. In large skillet or grill, add chicken and cook for five minutes, add carne asada and cook an additional five minutes or until both are cooked thoroughly.
3. Add nopales on one side or cook in a separate pan for five minutes (turn over after 2-3 minutes).
4. Add jalapeños, turning every two minutes to soften.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper over meats.
6. Add chorizo and shrimp and cook thoroughly.
7. Add green onions and rotate to cook on all sides, about two minutes.
8. While meat cooks, slice tomatoes, avocado and cheese into ½-inch wedges.
9. Using oven mitts, pour half of Salsa Verde or Roja into heated molcajete.
10. Remove meats and slice in long, thin strips.
11. Place beef, chicken, shrimp, nopales and cheese around inside edge of bowl.
12. Add chorizo to center of bowl.
13. Place tomatoes, green onions, avocados and jalapeños around chorizo.
14. Pour remaining Salsa Verde or Roja over ingredients.
15. Place cilantro over nopales and limes on top, to be squeezed when served.
16. Use small tortillas to serve.